For the first year of Apple World Today's existence, we've had a patron program and primarily depended on the kindness of readers who wanted the site to survive. We're now expanding this into a subscription program called Team AWT providing extra exclusive features to subscribers who support the site at $5 or more a month.
Team AWT membership consists of:
- Member-only discounts and giveaways
- Exclusive access to the Team AWT Slack chatroom
- Access to the weekly Patron Podcast
- A regularly-emailed newsletter with fresh and fun content not available elsewhere
- More goodies as we add them to the program
Plus, you get to be part of the team that makes Apple World Today possible: Team AWT!
Make or increase your pledge on Patreon. Patreon now accepts PayPal payments in addition to credit cards for extra security.
Don't want to have yet another monthly payment? Pay for a full year with Apple Pay!
Member-only discounts and giveaways
We are working with businesses in the world of Apple to bring Team AWT members special discounts and to supply valuable items for giveaways. You'll find out about the deals and giveaways in our newsletter.
Team AWT Slack Chatroom
Our former "AWT Patron" Slack chatroom is now the Team AWT chatroom. Join in public or private conversations about the news of the day, ask questions and get answers. Membership has its privileges!
Team AWT Newsletter
Members in good standing receive an email newsletter. What do we plan on including in it? Items you won't see on Apple World Today every other day:
- Behind the scenes: Interviews with developers, manufacturers, writers and podcasters from around the world of Apple.
- Ask AWT: Give us your questions, we'll try to get you an answer. Your questions don't even have to have anything to do with Apple!
- Tip of the week: Our members deserve to be more productive, so each week the newsletter will have a tip or trick that's sure to add some time to your busy day.
- The Best: Our weekly take on one app or service that everyone should have.
- Unplug: Step away from your Mac, put down the iPhone, and reconnect. We'll give you ideas of things to do that don't require electricity or an Internet connection.
- Around the Web: There's a lot more to technology than just Apple devices, so each week we'll supply you with links and summaries of what we've found that's fascinating us.
- and more...
AWT Patron Podcast
The AWT Patron Podcast is a weekly 30-minute (plus or minus a few minutes) audio podcast in which editors Steve Sande and Dennis Sellers -- and the occasional guest -- do an unrehearsed, off-the-cuff chat about a specific topic. It's always a fun time and it's just for you. Listen to a sample below:
It's only for our subscribers, and we'll be doing more with the podcast soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why $5 or more per month?
We feel that the special content we're providing is worth at least that much. Other sites are also running subscription plans at this monthly rate but don't provide nearly the same level of content and extras as AWT. Five bucks is less than a Big Mac meal at McDonalds ($5.99 plus tax) and AWT is less fattening. That same five dollars is about the same as a Starbucks Grande Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino ($4.95 plus tax).
I already give more than $5 a month? Do I need to do anything?
No, and you'll begin receiving the exclusive benefits soon. We thank you for your support!
I give less than $5 a month now. What happens to me?
We’ll only be giving Team AWT members — those who are subscribing for $5 a month or more - access to the benefits listed above. If you choose to still help keep AWT afloat, we’d sure appreciate it. We fully understand that not everybody can afford $5 a month.
Why subscriptions — aren’t you guys rich yet?
Nope. In fact, our Patreon monthly “take” has been declining at a rate that may make continued operations unsustainable in the future. We are adding other revenue sources, but we rely on subscribers to keep the site solvent. Many other well-known sites are moving to subscription-based content as well.
Can I use PayPal to pay for a Team AWT subscription?
Yes, you can. Signups are still done through Patreon, but you can choose to add a PayPal account as your way to pay instead of using a credit card. We’re doing away with the separate PayPal pledge link in order to streamline operations.