watchOS 4 brings a flashlight feature to the Apple Watch that lights up the smartphone’s face for a (little) bit of extra light. to access the flashlight feature:Read More
Last night, Marty and Steve got together for another fun hour of discussion about all things Apple. Of course, there were REAL THINGS to discuss -- we've been able to make some pre-orders and we actually have updates to iOS 11, watchOS 4 and tvOS 11 to play with.Read More
Apple has released watchOS 4, featuring a “proactive” Siri watch face, personalized Activity coaching and a new music experience. The update also sports an enhanced Workout app and introduces GymKit, a technology platform that will offer customers connected workouts with cardio equipment.Read More
It's the day before three operating systems -- iOS, watchOS and tvOS -- get major upgrades, so we've got some fun and useful information for to help you along your way. In addition, if you were running macOS High Sierra beta in APFS on an iMac or other Fusion Drive Mac, Apple wants you to switch back to HFS+:
- PCalc will have a fun augmented reality Easter egg built into it when iOS 11 is installed
- What Apple Watches will watchOS 4 run on? What iOS devices will iOS 11 run on? We have the short list here in the podcast
- If you're a bold person and plan on doing the iOS updates tomorrow, we've got some suggestions for you on how to get things prepared
- Complete instructions on how to convert a Fusion Drive that was converted to APFS back to HFS+ are here, and they're not for the faint-hearted
We don't know exactly what will happen starting at 10 AM on Tuesday, September 12, 2017, but based on past history and the current rumor mill both Dennis and I are making our predictions on how the event will unfold. This is my post; expect to see Dennis's take on the event on Monday.Read More
The week starts with a flurry of activity in the world of Apple:
- Samsung may be manufacturing some of the A12 chips for 2018 iPhones in a bid to gain more contract chipmaking marketshare
- The fourth developer betas of iOS 11, macOS High Sierra, tvOS 11 and watchOS 4 were released today
- iRobot wants to sell data collected by its Roomba 900-series vacuum robots to companies like Apple, Amazon and Google
- Honda has added the 2018 Ridgeline pickup truck to its list of lines compatible with Apple CarPlay
It's the first full day of Summer, and the living is really easy -- there's not too much to report from the world of Apple today:
- Graphic files in iOS 11 seem to indicate where an embedded home button would appear on a bezel-less iPhone 8
- One Wall Street analyst thinks that Apple is still having issues with that embedded home button and that the iPhone 8 will ship late
- It's beta day! Beta 2 of macOS High Sierra, iOS 11, watchOS 4 and tvOS 11 all sowed up today, along with a new beta of Xcode 9.
🎶 It's getting beta all the time 🎶
Today we talk about new features in tvOS 11, delve into the fees associated with using Apple Pay's upcoming person-to-person payments, an Amazon VP who wants Alexa and Siri to be BFFs, and how NFC works in iOS 11 and watchOS 4.
- Apple TV and AirPods are now best buddies
- Debit card transactions will be free with P2P payments, but credit cards won't
- Amazon and Apple seem to be cooperating more, but will Apple open up to Alexa?
- NFC pairing of iPhone and Apple Watch is now possible with the new operating systems