This episode of AWT TV — our 50th! — was supposed to mark our triumphant return to Facebook Live...only the process that was built to start the Facebook Live event on the Mac and then run over to Steve's iPad Pro didn't work. At least we were able to capture the video and bring it to you this way.Read More
Have you been scratching your head about what to get Dad for Father's Day? We've got just the solution! Since the baseball season is well underway, Major League Baseball has reduced the price of an MLB.TV subscription from $116 (for the full season) down to $49.99 for the remainder of the season.Read More
Welcome to AWT TV, a weekly show featuring Steve Sande, Dennis Sellers and Marty Edwards of Apple World Today. Each week we discuss what's happened in the world of Apple, talk about new apps and accessories, maybe even have a demonstration or two of the latest software. Visit us online at https://appleworld.today and be sure to subscribe to the Apple World Today video channel here on YouTube.Read More
This morning brought news of a new news app...
NewsON is designed to give iOS users live and on-demand local newscasts and news clips. The free app launched today and is a joint venture of six of the largest TV station groups in the US -- ABC Owned Television Station Group, Cox Media Group, Hearst Television, Media General, Hubbard Broadcasting and Raycom Media.Read More
Today's Apple news in less than five minutes; that's the AWT News Update!
- Betas of OS X Yosemite, iOS 8.4 appear in the Apple Developer Center
- Apple's being sued by an Irish firm over its alleged misuse of the "iWatch" trademark in the EU
- The New York Post says negotiations are moving along nicely now for Apple's planned streaming TV service for cable-cutters
A quiet day in the world of Apple, but enough to generate a four-minute long AWT News Update!
- The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple Watch Taptic Engines made by AAC Technologies failed reliability tests, forcing Apple to destroy early Watches and move to another supplier
- More Flyover locations are available in Apple Maps
- Time Warner CEO thinks Apple will be launching a streaming TV product
- VoiceOver celebrated a decade of helping the blind and visually impaired yesterday
- Netflix is adding more audio description tracks to TV seasons and films in its library
Our top non-prank news stories for this April Fools' Day:
- Apple and IBM release another eight apps in the MobileFirst Collection
- Chinese iPad and iPhone owners can now trade in older models for credit on new devices... and more!
By faith and begorrah, it's St. Patrick's Day, so grab a green beer and listen in on your friendly leprechaun Steve O'Sande who is bringing you the Apple news o' the day.
- According to the Wall Street Journal and New York Times, it appears that Apple will finally offer a streaming TV service later this year, making it easier and more affordable for people to cut the cable subscriptions.