In 2017, Apple sued Swatch for its “Tick different” ad campaign, which the Cupertino, California-based company said was a rip-off of its former “Think different” campaign. But a Swiss court has backed the watchmaker.Read More
A short update today after the rush of craziness from the iOS 10 upgrade yesterday.
- Swatch wins; iWatch will not be an Apple trademark, at least in the UK
- Apple Pay will be coming to Apple World Today soon
- A new keyboard from Logitech lets you prop up and type to both an iPhone and iPad Pro
- A shaky source says that Apple might manufacture as many as 100 million iPhone 7/7 Plus devices by year-end
Swiss watchmaker Swatch has successfully opposed Apple's registration of the trademark "iWatch" in the UK. The UK's Intellectual Property Office (IPO) upheld Swatch's oppositionSwatch Group AG took action against Apple for registering the "iWatch" as a trademark in 2014, according to the BBC News.Read More
Writing for Forbes a couple of years ago, Haydn Shaughnessy said Apple should forget any plans for an "iWatch" (which, of course, was dubbed the “Apple Watch” when it finally debuted) and design clothes instead. The idea of clothing embedded with technology -- let's call them "iWear" products -- is intriguing. .Read More
Today's Apple news in less than five minutes; that's the AWT News Update!
- Betas of OS X Yosemite, iOS 8.4 appear in the Apple Developer Center
- Apple's being sued by an Irish firm over its alleged misuse of the "iWatch" trademark in the EU
- The New York Post says negotiations are moving along nicely now for Apple's planned streaming TV service for cable-cutters