iPhone 7, 8 models pulled from Apple’s German retail stores

iPhone 7, 8 models pulled from Apple’s German retail stores

Following Qualcomm’s posting of security bonds to stop iPhone sales in Germany, Apple’s iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 models are no longer on sale in the tech giant’s retail stores in the country. However, German Apple retailer Gravis says it’s still selling both models at its stores.

Read More

Localytics: iPads and iPhone Xrs lead new device adoption over Christmas

Localytics: iPads and iPhone Xrs lead new device adoption over Christmas

Apple’s iPhones and iPads led in new device adoption over Christmas, according to Localytics. The analytics and marketing platform says “we discovered that Christmas shoppers were heavily focused on obtaining Apple products this year: iPads have become a mainstay of the holiday season and the iPhone Xr’s momentum shows no sign of decreasing.”

Read More

Keep that expensive iPhone clean while traveling with the PhoneSoap Go

Keep that expensive iPhone clean while traveling with the PhoneSoap Go

Last month my Apple World Today compadre, Steve Sande, reviewed the PhoneSoap Wireless, a $99.95 device that not only wirelessly charges your iPhone, but sanitizes it with a strong blast of ultraviolet C (UV-C) light at the same time. He loved it, but longed for a wireless version.

Read More

Our Thanksgiving Deal: iPM 3-in-1 charger juices up your iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch

Our Thanksgiving Deal: iPM 3-in-1 charger juices up your iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch

Remember the Apple AirPower? It was a turkey of a product that never saw the light of day and was supposed to let you wirelessly charge your iPhone, give your AirPod charging case a boost, and even power your Apple Watch, all at one time. Well, third-party manufacturers step in where Apple fails, and that’s why we’re loving the iPM 3-in-1 charger ($42.99).

Read More

Nomad Base Station Apple Watch Edition is a classy and versatile wireless charging dock

Nomad Base Station Apple Watch Edition is a classy and versatile wireless charging dock

Nomad has just started shipping its new Base Station Apple Watch Edition (US$119.95), a Qi-compatible wireless charger that includes an integrated Apple Watch charger. We received one of the docks for review; let’s take a look.

Read More

Flurry Analytics: iPhone Xs, Xs Max sales off to a strong start

Flurry Analytics: iPhone Xs, Xs Max sales off to a strong start

The analytics firm of Flurry Insights looked at device activations of the iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max from Friday, Sept. 21, through Thursday, Sept. 27. During their first full week, the new Apple smartphones gained a market share of 0.42% and 0.68%, respectively, for a total of 1.1%.

Read More