Another day, another lawsuit. Singapore Asahi Chemical & Solder Industries PTE has brought suit in Ohio, alleging that Apple infringed on its solder patent in the manufacturing of several different iPhones.Read More
You asked for it, we brought it back. When we ran a deal last month for a 3 pack of 2-in-1 Lightning to Headphone Jack Charging Cables for $21.99, we didn't realize how popular it was going to be. Apparently there are a LOT of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus owners who need the convenience of being able to charge their phones while listening to music on headphones. We've brought back the deal for a limited time.Read More
Except for the iPad and Apple TV, Apple is firing on all cylinders (at least fiscally), posting great financial results for its fiscal 2017 first quarter that ended Dec. 31, 2016. The company made $7.17 billion with its Services category (Apple Pay, AppleCare, iCloud, online stores, and more).Read More
This will be the final AWT News Update for 2016; be sure to join us again next Tuesday, January 2, 2017 for the first update of the new year! Today we have a few stories that we're sure you'll find fascinating:
- iPhone 7 production may be cut by 10% soon to avoid a buildup of inventory
- Think those 4K videos of Apple Campus 2 are impressive? Check out the 1.7 gigapixel mosaic created by SkyIMD if you really want to see a high-resolution photo
- The robots are taking over at manufacturing plants run by Apple's primary partner, Foxconn
Apps, hackers, tech summits and Apple Pay all make an appearance in today's Apple World Today News Update Podcast:
- TapTapTap releases Camera+ 9, turning the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus into amazing photographic tools
- Yahoo! You've been hacked!
- President-elect Donald Trump held his tech summit today, and asked Tim Cook and Elon Musk to stay after class...
- You can now fly the friendly skies and more with Apple Pay.