Apple has begun trial production of the iPhone 6s Plus — one of its highest selling models in India — at the Bengaluru facility of Wistron, Apple’s primary assembler in the country, which may lead to a “price correction,” reports The Economic Times, quoting two unnamed “senior industry executives.”Read More
Immersion Corp., a developer and licensor of touch feedback technology, has announced that it’s entered into settlement and license agreements with Apple, the terms of which are confidential.Read More
Looking at the fourth quarter of 2017 alone, the iPhone 7 was the 2016 best-selling iPhone, followed by the iPhone 7 Plus, based on research from the IHS Markit Smartphone Shipment Database, which tracks quarterly shipment data for more than 350 smartphone models. Apple is in the second spot among smartphone makers, shipping 50.8 million phones, down 0.8% from a year ago.Read More
Have you voted? Well, it's probably too late for some of you to get to the polls if you haven't made it there yet, but for those on the West Coast and in Alaska and Hawaii, there's still time. While you're standing in line to make your choice for the lesser of two evils, listen to the AWT News Update and get some news about everyone's favorite tech company -- Apple.
- Apple has begun selling refurbished iPhones at a nice 15% discount and with a full one-year warranty
- A new Apple Support app has been released in The Netherlands, and may soon be available around the world
- Apple's new MacBook Pro is a speedster, and it turns out that part of the company's engineering of the new models portends even higher speeds in the future
Have three minutes? We have just a pair of short Apple-related stories for you today, as it is not only Fashion Friday, but Slow News Friday™ as well!
- Apple is getting back a jury award that was nabbed from it by three judges in February; and more patent lawsuit fun happens next week
- Alton Brown's latest cookbook was photographed entirely using an iPhone 6s Plus
iVisor's $54.95 Glass Privacy not only protects your Apple smartphone's screen from scratches (I tested the one for the iPhone 6 Plus), but it also acts as a shield to prevent people from casually glancing at your screen content.Read More
Let's hear it for #Iceland in the Euro 2016 final 16, which today beat England 2 - 1 to move onto the quarterfinals. That's not Apple news, but this is:
- Twitter announces that stickers for tweeted photos are coming soon to the iOS app
- A French TV talk show relies on iPhones to film the remainder of an episode when a power outage knocks out cameras
- A regional Ford dealership in Massachusetts rips off some great art from the game "Firewatch" by Panic and Campo Santo