Tax protestors, OS updates, Target apps, and survey results are all in the headlines today's episode of the Apple World Today News Update.
- French anti-globalization protestors occupy a Paris Apple store today demanding that the company pay EU back taxes
- iOS 11.2 and tvOS 11.2 have arrived!
- Target introduces an in-house mobile payment system in its iOS app
- A Barclays survey sounds bullish on Apple
Wow, it's December already? We have a trio of time-related stories for you today that all have to do with things that should happen by the end of the year:
- Apple let developers know that they need to submit only 64-bit Mac apps to the Mac App Store starting January 1st
- Remember the promise from Amazon that the Prime Video app would be available for tvOS by the end of the year? TidBITS blogger Josh Centers says they're still promising the release by the end of December
- Expect iOS 11.2 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 to show up soon -- like next week. The sixth beta shipped to developers today
A very light news day today, so you'll be able to listen to this podcast quickly on your way to drinks with your buddies!
- The new Apple Park Visitor's Center opened to the public today, complete with swag you can buy
- Tesla introduces a set of new products that could be very useful to iPhone users
- Developer betas of iOS 11.2, watchOS 4.2 and tvOS 11.2 are out
A Tuesday in November with no Apple events in the foreseeable future means...a short Apple World Today New Update podcast!
- Steven Soderbergh has filmed a full-length movie to be released in March of 2018...on an iPhone
- Mozilla released Firefox Quantum today, and it's getting rave reviews for speed, RAM usage and privacy. It's available for Mac and iOS
- Have an iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus? iOS 11.2 beta 3 switched on 7.5W wireless charging on the devices, which speeds up charging time considerably
Welcome to November! We have some fun news for you today, although it's making us think that the website name should change to "iPhone X Today":
- We've got the new iPhone X ringtone for you. It's called "Reflection" and it's actually quite nice
- The design for Apple's newest iPhone (due on Friday) was actually locked in place a year ago, and the idea of the neural engine in the A11 Bionic processor was hatched in 2014
- iOS 11.2 public beta 1 is now available, as is tvOS 11.2. Get 'em today!
- How long can you run with an Apple Watch Series 3 while streaming music and using GPS? We tell you...but you have to listen to the podcast (or at least read the text version!)
As October winds down things are starting to perk up in the world of Apple. Today we have stories about a historic high, a famous used car, iOS 11.2, and some early first impressions of the iPhone X:
- AAPL reached a new high today, peaking at $168.07 before closing at $166.72
- A BMW Z8 that once belonged to Steve Jobs is up for auction
- iOS 11.2 developer beta 1 is now available, along with new watchOS and tvOS betas
- Some very early first impressions of the iPhone X are out, with Apple using a different approach towards marketing the newest iPhone than it's ever used in the past
The text version of the podcast can be read below. To listen to the podcast here, click the play button on the player below. Apple News readers need to visit Apple World Today in order to listen to the podcast.Read More