If you updated your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS 11.1 you may find that when you type the letter “i” it autocorrects to the letter “A” with a symbol. Here’s a workaround until Apple issues a fix:Read More
It's here! iOS 11.1 just showed up, bringing a number of bug fixes, improvements, and over 70 new emoji to annoy and amuse friends with. For those with iPhones that have 3D Touch built in, you'll be happy to know that the 3D Touch gestures are back for accessing the iOS App Switcher.Read More
We have an abbreviated podcast for today, thanks to a shortage of news that we hadn't already published on the website. Here's what we've got for you:
- Be sure to check out Live Home 3D from BeLight Software, our sponsor for the past week.
- With one week to go until the start of iPhone X pre-orders, KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo says that component shortages will result in only about 2 to 3 million of the new phones being available at launch
- New beta versions of iOS 11.1 and watchOS 4.1 are available, with iOS 11.1 bringing hundreds of new emoji to the world once the final version ships
It's a slow news day in the Apple world today, but we have a few stories to educate and entertain you:
- Be sure to check out this week's sponsor, AR Tape Measure, a free app for measuring distances, angles and areas from your iOS device.
- iOS 11.1 developer beta 2 shipped today, adding a host of new emoji and returning 3D Touch gestures to the user interface
- Intel is getting out of the augmented-reality eyewear business
- Sightings of the new iPhone X in the wild are being reported
- Face ID is likely to come to the iPad Pro line in 2018
Apple Pay Cash, Yahoo data breaches, and the man in the bunny suit are all part of today's AWT News Update podcast:
- Apple employees are reportedly testing Apple Pay Cash internally in preparation for the public rollout
- Verizon discloses that the 2013 Yahoo data breach actually affected all accounts
- Former Intel CEO Paul Otellini, who worked with Steve Jobs to shift Macs to Intel CPUs, has died