Apple offers a Data and Privacy portal (https://privacy.apple.com) that allows users to download all of their personal data stored on the tech giant's servers. You can also permanently delete your account and associated data from all Apple services. For your security, Apple verifies all deletion requests. This process takes up to seven days. Your account will remain active while verification is in progress.Read More
Apple has released iOS 11.3 with a Battery Health tool, a Health Records feature, ARKit 1.5, Business Chat, new Animoji, and more. You can download it by going to the Settings App, selecting General, then choosing Software Update.Read More
VoIP-Pal.com Inc., which earlier beat back Apple’s challenges to two patents for Voice over Internet Protocol technology, on Friday characterized as "absurd" the company's bid for sanctions after it alleged VoIP-Pal tainted Patent Trial and Appeal Board proceedings with a series of behind-the-scenes communications, reports Law360.Read More
Apple is working to reverse a Patent Trial and Appeal Board ruling upholding the validity of certain patents owned by VoIP-Pal. The tech giant claims that its opponent contacted senior administration officials and the judges presiding over the case, swaying the outcome of an inter partes review proceeding, according to The Recorder.Read More
Today's Apple World Today News Update podcast looks at proof that some people have no sense of humor, a messaging bug in macOS High Sierra, and Swedish Apple Pay:
- We're sponsored this week by BeLight Software and its Live Home 3D app for Mac. Read more about this amazing home design application here.
- Google tests a Maps feature that measures walks in calories and "mini cupcakes", gets publicly lambasted on Twitter
- A Messaging bug is affecting some users of macOS High Sierra, and it may be related to an upcoming switch to Messages in iCloud
- Apple Pay may be available in Sweden as soon as the end of this month
Apple has acquired a six-person startup called Init.ai that is known for "...a smart assistant for customer representatives to parse and get better insights from their interactions with users, as well as automate some of the interactions."Read More
Another month has passed, and we're now in October! We have a new sponsor for this month and a handful of interesting news bits for your listening pleasure:
- Like iMessage? Try two new products from It's About Time Products made especially for your messaging pleasure -- Color Text Bubbles and WordSwipe. Find out more here!
- Apple will announce the fourth quarter 2017 fiscal year results on November 2, 2017
- LG has released a new version of its Mac utility for the UltraFine 4K and 5K displays
- DJI is providing an update to its apps to prevent drones from connecting to the internet and sharing location data to servers
- Safeway has announced that it's rolling out Apple Pay
It’s official: Apple’s next U.S. data center will be built in Iowa. The tech giant has announced plans to build a 400,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art data center in Waukee, Iowa, to better serve North American users of iMessage, Siri, the App Store and other Apple services. Like all Apple data centers, the new facility will run entirely on renewable energy from day one.Read More
Your purchase of items from Amazon benefits and supports Apple World Today through affiliate payments.