First of all, let me say that I’m apparently not too bright. I recently sold something quite expensive on eBay and was to be paid via PayPal. A first time Bay seller, I got scammed, but good. Learn from my mistakes.Read More
The Twentieth Anniversary Mac (AKA TAM) is a rare Mac that was created in 1997 for the 20th anniversary of Apple. At the time it was released in 1997, it was considered state-of-the-art, with an all-in-one LCD screen, a CD-ROM drive, a 2GB HD, a built-in Bose sound system, and a $7,499. Now one is up for sale on eBay UK, and if you have £5,000 (about $6,515) you might want to make a bid.Read More
As you'd expect, today's Apple World Today News Update podcast is mostly about...the iPhone X. In related news, we talk about an older product that's about to go on the Apple obsolete and vintage tech list:
- Apple shares rose sharply today after word of unprecedented demand for the new iPhone X
- Didn't get an iPhone X? Head over to eBay, where some people are scalping their pre-orders at ridiculous prices
- Be sure to get AppleCare+ for that iPhone X you just picked up, because repairs out of warranty are going to cost you big bucks
- There's a new Apple product out that isn't the iPhone X, and it's made out of leather
- The iPad 3 becomes official obsolete on Halloween Day
Hump Day! We've got a few stories for you in today's podcast:
- A fairly reliable Japanese website says the new iPhone will be announced in September, but won't ship until late October/early November
- iPads, MacBooks, and MacBook Airs no longer get to stay in a laptop bag due to stricter TSA rules
- eBay's iOS app will gain eyes this fall
- Chrome 60 for Mac is out, and provides support for the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
In today's roundup of Apple news:
- Apple taps Foursquare as a data provider for Apple Maps
- Two of the early Mac interface designers don't like Apple's current UI designs
- Want an Apple Pencil? Take a look at eBay
- A San Diego, CA Apple Store gets its hand slapped and must wear a badge of shame
- Apple making a lot of iPhone profits
Today in Apple news on the AWT News Update:
- Facebook Messenger will soon be getting facial recognition and the ability to nag you to send your friends pictures of themselves
- The horror...the horror. An iPhone 6s and the tire of a Ducati pocket bike meet.
- There's a working Apple /// Plus for sale on eBay. Put in your bid to buy a piece of history!
Today, we go around the world with Apple World Today. News stories from all over the globe include:
- Google+ profiles won't be linked to other Google products in the future
- Apple Watches will soon be available at Best Buy
- Apple is adding 500 authorized resellers in India, which explains the odd image at the top of this page
- France and Sweden -- or at least major cities in the countries -- get visited by the Apple Maps vans starting on Saturday
- An iPhone counterfeiting factory in Beijing has been shut down
- eBay will be trimming the number of iOS apps it has
Another day, another AWT News Update. Today we look at some Watch stats and apps, an acquisition, a CarPlay story, and discuss whether or not every song in the world will really be available on Apple Music.
- Thanks to Marketcircle, our sponsor this week!
- The Apple Watch now has over 6,350 apps available
- eBay delivers an Apple Watch app
- 2016 Cadillacs are coming with CarPlay compatibility
- Incipio acquires ClamCase
- Guess who's missing from the Apple Music service?
A light news day in the world of Apple, but enough to bring you our daily podcast!
- Apple releases a supplemental update to OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
- Yahoo joins the growing list of developers with apps that will work with Apple Watch
- There's an auction of a 1976 Apple-1 Computer going on right now for charity
- A Kickstarter campaign aims at making development of text/video/photo-centric apps as easy as dragging and dropping media
UK resident Paul Barrington fell victim to one of the worst eBay scams. As reported by Express & Echo he purchased a MacBook for the incredible price of £300 ($460 USD), in hopes of starting up a new business as a wedding DJ. His good fortune at finding such an excellent deal turned to despair when he received his package and all it contained was a printed picture of the prized MacBook.Read More