It’s rare when Apple World Today has two major hardware reviews published on the same day, but the stars aligned and the timing was right for both a review of the fast new 27-inch iMac and the 10.5-inch iPad Pro. The two devices are different in their use case: the big iMac is a powerful desktop, while the iPad Pro seems to be the future of portable computing from Apple. Both devices have two things in common — astonishingly good displays and powerful processors — that set them apart from the rest of Apple’s products.Read More
It was a surprise, and as a result, this is iPad Pro Day on Apple World Today:
- iPad Pros are in stock except for some models, while the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard aren't available anywhere
- Ars Technica did benchmarks, and the Pro is a monster in GPU performance
- The Irish Independent catches Tim Cook calling the Microsoft Surface Book "deluded"
By this point, you’ve probably read a number of reviews of the new 12-inch Retina MacBook. The first round were written by reviewers for the major newspapers and magazines, and this second wave is being provided by those of us who spent our own money to purchase one of the machines.Read More
A short update for today, Friday the 13th!
- MacRumors publishes the result of benchmark tests for the new MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models.
- A printable PDF is available for sizing the Apple Watch to your wrist
- A developer shows what the Apple Watch companion app looks like when linked to an actual iWatch