The original, vintage Apple-1 operation manual issued by Apple Computer circa 1976, 12 pages, could fetch $10,000 at an upcoming auction, according to the folks at RRAuction (which, you should note, is the company doing the auctioning).Read More
Manufacturers ranging from Huawei to LG, Motorola, Xiaomi and others have announced foldable smartphones. Lots of folks, including Apple co-founder Steve “Woz” Wozniak think Apple should release on ASAP.Read More
Charitybuzz says it will auction one of the first original Apple computers: the “Duston 2” Apple-1. Created by Steve “Woz” Wozniak and Steve Jobs in 1976, only 200 were hand-constructed and just 60-70 Apple-1 computers exist today.Read More
Three stories headline our short, fast and fun podcast today:
- Microsoft Office for iOS gains the ability to open Office documents that are stored in Files
- PayPal is becoming a bank...without going through the usual hassles associated with becoming a bank
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has signed off of Facebook, citing the social network's policy of making money off of user's personal information as his reason
A battle between corporations, a minor beta release, and a really expensive cruise are all in today's Apple news.
- Qualcomm is seeking a ban on imports of the iPhone as a battle between it and Apple intensifies
- The fifth developer beta of tvOS 10.2.2 slipped out of Cupertino today
- Want to go on a 24-day cruise to Antarctica with Woz? You can, but you might choke at the fares...
Apple co-founder Steve “Woz” Wozniak, will head to Washington, DC on Nov. 2 to share his vision for the future of technology with leaders from local and international business, government, and social sectors at a DC tech summit.Read More
What's in the Apple news of the day?
- Wall Street analysts are optimistic about Apple's Q2 FY2017 financial results, which will be released on May 2nd
- Developer betas of all of Apple's current operating systems were delivered today
- Want to try out an Apple I? Head to Seattle's Living Computers Museum + Labs, where you can actually use one of the few remaining Apple I computers
Steve “Woz” Wozniak thinks the company he co-founded (that would be Apple) will still be around in 2075, as will Google and Facebook, he said in discussing next weekend’s Silicon Valley Comic Con (SVCC), “The Future of Humanity: Where Will We Be in 2075?” The three-day conference, which Wozniak helped create last year, explores the intersection of pop culture and technology.Read More
You're sitting in the center seat in economy class with the people on both sides of you snoring away. It seems like the perfect time to just drift away with your favorite movie, but you don't want to hold your iPhone for 2 hours. So you reach into your wallet and pull out a tripod. No, you're not a magician; you're just a lucky person who took advantage of this Apple World Today Deal and pre-ordered the Pocket Tripod for $19.99.Read More
In homage to its history, Apple has hung a pirate flag at its Infinite Loop Headquarters — as noted by 9to5Mac.com — to celebrate its 40th birthday. The skull and crossbones flag, which has a rainbow Apple logo as one eye, is a nod to the late Steve Jobs who is quoted as saying: “It’s better to be a pirate than to join the navy.”Read More