Beats by Dr. Dre (Beats), a wholly owned subsidiary of Apple, has introduced Powerbeats Pro, wireless earphones that provide a “deep integration” between Beats and Apple engineering. Like what? “Hey, Siri” support for one thing.Read More
At one point I thought that the perfect combination of Apple computing gear was a 5K iMac for most of my work and a 12.9-inch iPad Pro as my “back-up” Mac and laptop replacement for the few times I’m traveling. And, indeed, this does work most of the time, at least for me. But for a lot of folks the best set-up could easily be a new 15-inch MacBook Pro coupled with a 27-inch LG Ultrafine 5K display.Read More
One of the most convenient features of the newer iPhones is to have Siri always listening whether you have power connected or not. Any iPhone with the M9 chip can listen for the key words “Hey Siri” all the time and act upon any requests you give. Periodically something that sounds like “Hey Siri” can activate Siri. Normally instances such as this are few and not a real issue.Read More
I usually put up my Christmas lights around Thanksgiving, and in the past that has meant putting LED light nets on some shrubs, running a string of lights along the gutter line of the house, and then changing out some security bulbs in the front yard with red and green lights. This year, my travels kept me from doing that so I had to figure out a way to get lighting done in minutes rather than hours. Fortunately, I was able to make the house look festive very quickly with BlissLights laser projectors ($139.00), HomeKit, and Siri.Read More
Steve's not happy that his iPhone 7 Plus didn't arrive on its scheduled date, but at least he didn't get caught up in the typhoon that delayed shipment. We have some good news stories for you, though:
- Tests of the new Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones are showing that the Apple W1 chip inside the headphones can provide ranges of up to 800 feet away from an iPhone
- Did you know that you can now ask Siri to take a picture?
- We tell you how to reboot an iPhone 7 (hint - the old method doesn't work anymore)
- Apple will pay a patent licensing firm at least $22.1 million for infringing on a cellular networking patent
It's the first day of August, and we have some fun and interesting Apple news for your listening pleasure:
- iOS 10 beta 4 is now available for developers, and there are a lot of new emoji available
- Looking for a job in the Bay Area that has decent pay and good benefits? Drive a shuttle bus for Apple and you'll get all sorts of union bennies.
- A new website provides an online listing of every known Siri command
- Join Team AWT this month and be eligible to win a Drobo 5Dt RAID array and five 2 TB drives!
This is the sixth post in a 12-part series covering the accessibility features we would like to see Apple bring to its products in the coming year. This series is being written with the help and input of my two best friends, Jessica and Jocelyn Gladysz.
For the sixth request of Christmas, we ask Apple to give to us:Read More
This is the fifth post in a 12-part series covering the accessibility features we would like to see Apple bring to its products in the coming year. This series is being written with the help and input of my two best friends, Jessica and Jocelyn Gladysz.
For the fifth request of Christmas, we ask Apple to give to us:Read More
Apple's string of fun ads continues with two new one minute videos. The first, called "Ridiculously powerful", looks at the features of the iPhone 6s. Actor/director Jon Favreau has a short cameo:Read More
A little bit of news for our listeners and viewers on this lovely late summer Friday afternoon:
- Apple begins taking pre-orders for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus tomorrow morning at 12:01 AM PT/3:01 AM ET. Order early and often!
- Activision announces three titles for the new Apple TV
- Hey Siri is going to require a bit more training under iOS 9
- What happens in Russia, stays in Russia... especially if it's on iCloud