Apple has filed for another patent (number 20190174088) regarding a head-mounted display (HDM) for augmented reality/virtual reality applications. It’s for a display system that involves an HDM that works with devices such as keyboards.Read More
AWT’s Dennis Sellers had an opportunity to interview longtime Apple analyst Gene Munster this morning at the Addigy 2019 Partner Summit in Miami, FL. We invite you to listen to this unedited interview and hear what Munster has to say about Apple’s past, present and future.Read More
At today’s Addigy 2019 Addigy Partner Summit, Gene Munster, long time Apple analyst and managing partner at Loup Ventures, give the “State of Apple and Beyond” keynote. He’s very bullish on the tech giant and tech in general and gave his thoughts on where things are heading over the next 10 years.Read More
Smart locks turn dumb after a failed firmware update, Tony Fadell is backing a high-speed wireless startup, and Mr. Blurrycam loves a big Apple TV set:
- Some LockState smart locks were bricked due to a failed firmware update, proving once again that the Internet of Things is prone to human error
- iPod creator Tony Fadell is back in the news, this time with Keyssa and its high-speed, short-distance data transfer product Keys
- A 65-inch OLED Apple TV? We don't think so, especially after looking at blurry photos
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster is a guy that we love to joke about -- mainly because of his insistence a few years back that an Apple television was going to happen -- but he's respected on Wall Street for his insights into the workings of Apple and other tech companies. He's now come out with some numbers that show iPhone 7 opening weekend sales to be around 14,430,000 -- a huge new record.Read More
With so much financial scrutiny on Apple at this point in time, it's comforting that there is at least one Apple fanboy on Wall Street -- Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster. Munster believes that Apple's move to include Apple Pay integration in both macOS and iOS Safari web browsers this fall will be responsible for a shift in online payments from PayPal to Apple Pay.Read More
Taking a look at the two rivals Apple and Google, it's fairly obvious that Google's primary revenue stream isn't in self-driving cars or making Nexus devices; instead, the company makes the lion's share of revenues from services. Apple provides a number of cloud services to its billion or so active users, and Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster believes that those services are overlooked and undervalued by investors.Read More
We're just dripping news all over the place here:
- Apple World Today and MyApple.pl are happy to announce the latest issue of MyApple Magazine and our new iOS app.
- Gene Munster surveys teens, finds out they like iPhones even more than they used to
- Coming in the near future: Facebook Messenger bots and even more live video
- Smile decides to give past TextExpander customers a break on pricing
Our news from the world of Apple includes a bit about the new iPhone SE, how to get great inexpensive LTE coverage when traveling overseas, and early birthday greetings to our favorite fruit company.
- The best place to buy an iPhone SE may be at your local Apple Store, not online
- Here's a way to use your new iPad Pro overseas with a cellular data plan
- An early happy 40th birthday to Apple (tomorrow)!