- The Maps "Nearby" feature now works in a few more countries around the world, Flyover is added to some cities, and we tell you how to use Nearby on the Apple Watch
- Nintendo's Miitomo app is on its way to the USA this Thursday
- The new Apple Store design sounds like a winner, and we tell you about some of the features you'll find in the design that's being rolled out not only at new locations, but in renovated stores as well
Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of Apple news... the thrill of new product introduction... and the agony of share price declines... the human drama of technological innovation... This is AWT's News Update!
• Microsoft is at it again, this time releasing a new version of Remote Desktop for Mac
• 20 more Apple Maps Flyover locations!
• Chicago is getting a glass cube Apple Store on the Miracle Mile
• Twitter opens DMs to 10,000 characters
Don't want to listen to the News Update? Read it instead. See below...
A quiet day in the world of Apple, but enough to generate a four-minute long AWT News Update!
- The Wall Street Journal reports that Apple Watch Taptic Engines made by AAC Technologies failed reliability tests, forcing Apple to destroy early Watches and move to another supplier
- More Flyover locations are available in Apple Maps
- Time Warner CEO thinks Apple will be launching a streaming TV product
- VoiceOver celebrated a decade of helping the blind and visually impaired yesterday
- Netflix is adding more audio description tracks to TV seasons and films in its library
On the AWT News Update podcast today:
- Apple announces an event for March 9, which we will be liveblogging
- MacRumors reports that Apple Watches will be moved to US distribution points in the first few days of April, making an early April launch date a distinct possibility
- LA-based Brikk will be selling Apple Watches encrusted with gold or platinum and diamonds... lots of diamonds. Of course, these will be very expensive
- Firehouse Subs began accepting Apple Pay today
- Apple adds some fun animations to the Flyover maps of London, England