Today's news brings us word about more screenshots in the iOS App Store, an auction of items signed by Steve Jobs, and a quasi-scientific test of car navigation apps by an Adobe manager:
- Apple now allows developers put submit up to 10 screenshots per device type for their App Store listings
- Want a piece of history? Three items signed by Steve Jobs are going up for auction soon, including an employment application from 1973
- Bored by your commute? Gather data for an unofficial test of car navigation apps like this Adobe senior manager did
Adobe has unveiled the next generation of Creative Cloud, including four new applications: Adobe XD CC for experience design, Adobe Dimension CC for 2D to 3D compositing, Character Animator CC for 2D animation, and a cloud-based photography service, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC.Read More
In the bad old days, using Adobe's creative apps meant loading DVDs full of software onto your computer, waiting for slow updates, and navigating complex licensing agreements. Adobe moved everything to Adobe Creative Cloud, a subscription service that encompasses the creative apps that make up the company's software offerings. Creative professionals depend on the Adobe Creative Cloud, but for those trying to learn the apps there's a steep learning curve. That's why we've partnered with StackCommerce and Vizual Coaching Academy to offer you the Adobe Super Bundle! For just $39, you'll get access to 130 courses to turn you into a Creative Cloud expert.Read More
At this week’s Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple announced a set of new authentication APIs [application programming interfaces] in iOS and tvOS that enable Single Sign On (SSO) for TV Everywhere (TVE) on Apple devices.Read More
Adobe has served up Adobe Spark, an integrated web and mobile solution for creating and sharing visual stories. The free service — part of Creative Cloud — lets you create visual content that engages audiences across multiple channels and looks great on any device, says Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe.Read More
Ahead of the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show next week, Adobe has revealed new features across its Creative Cloud tools for video editing, motion graphics, audio and collaboration. The CC tools are compatible with Mac OS X and Windows systems.Read More
Do you ever think about design when you're sending a tweet or posting on Facebook? You might start doing just that if Adobe Post (free with in-app purchases) catches on. The new app makes it a snap to create eye-catching graphics on the iPhone by remixing professional designs with your photos and text.Read More
In today's news:
- Adobe announces Document Cloud, which can best be described as "Acrobat in the cloud" for editing and signing PDF files
- Researchers at Stanford University have made a prototype aluminum-ion battery that has significant benefits over today's lithium-ion batteries ... and more!
New apps, software updates, vending machines and fast Internet are all in the news today on the AWT News Update:
- Adobe releases a new app - Adobe Slate - for iPad
- Microsoft Outlook for iOS received an update providing some features that should make corporate users of the app happy... and more!