Apple is always looking to acquire companies that are developing technologies that can be used in future products. TechCrunch is reporting that Apple has acquired a French computer vision startup called Regaind, which has apparently been developing a computer vision API for the analysis of photo content.Read More
Happy Moon Day! We have a handful of interesting news bits for you today from the world of Apple:
- Apple buys a small cloud music provider, although nobody knows why...
- Corning intros Gorilla Glass 5, which still breaks 20% of the time when dropped
- A good number of iPhone owners will upgrade to the iPhone 7 even if it doesn't feature a major redesign
- The Canva app gets an iPhone companion
In a deal valued at US$100 million, accessory manufacturer ZAGG has acquired another well-known manufacturer of accessories -- mophie. Despite the irreconcilable differences in their use of upper or lower case, the two companies are actually a good fit for each other. As noted in a press release sent out today, the combination of the two companies will create the market leader in four different accessory categories; battery cases, external batteries, screen protection and tablet keyboards.Read More
Just a short podcast today with three news stories for your Apple fix:
- Apple purchases VocalIQ, a company that's been working on a conversational man-machine voice interface API
- iCloud Data Centers are being expanded around the globe to hold your photos, videos, and other data
- The Apple Watch is coming to five European countries next Friday, and two countries in South America the following week.
Today in the world of Apple...
- Apple may announce a reward system for frequent Apple Pay purchases
- Augmented Reality company Metaio was acquired by Apple... and the world is just finding out about it
- Two more Apple Stores are set to open in New York, one in a few weeks, one later this year
- Guess what company will be the world's biggest Mac-supporting company soon? IBM