Lawsuit claims man died in a fire after his iPad burst into flames

Another day, another lawsuit. The lawsuit is filed by Julia Ireland Men, the daughter of the late Bradley Ireland, and claims that he died after an apartment fire caused when his iPad burst into flames on Feb. 22, 2017. 


Filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the lawsuit claims that the fire was caused by a defect in the iPad — specifically the battery pack. The fire resulted in severe injuries and the subsequent death of Bradley Ireland, the suit adds.

Men is seeking a judgment in her favor against Apple for [unspecified] compensatory damages. She also seeks the cost of the lawsuit and attorney fees.