The $229 Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt has opened possibilities for homeowners to enjoy the convenience of a connected home through its Apple HomeKit compatibility. A free app — available in the Apple App Store — allows the Schlage Sense lock to work in tandem with the iOS Home app, which is coming to the Mac with the upcoming macOS Mojave update.
This integration provides users with a centralized platform to access their favorite HomeKit-connected devices alongside their Schlage Sense deadbolt. Through this update, iOS users (9.3 and above) will also receive push notifications when their deadbolt is locked and unlocked. These updates make it easier for users to keep an even closer eye when their lock is used.
Users still need the Schlage Sense app to manage access codes, change lock settings, view the last 100 times the lock was used, receive installation help and contact customer service. Features include:
- The ability to talk to unlock using Siri on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch when in Bluetooth range;
- The touchscreen allows you to come and go without a key;
- You can set access code schedules so trusted friends and family can only enter when you want them to;
- You can view past lock activity to see if the kids arrived home on time;
- A built-in alarm senses potential door attacks.
- No fees or subscriptions are requires to use the hardware/software combo.
Apple World Today Rating (out of 5 stars): ★★★★
Like this article? Consider supporting Apple World Today with a $5 monthly Team AWT membership.