Apple is looking to hire folks to handle “Apple Video Partnerships.” Those hired will “take a primary role in engaging with Apple’s video partners and content distributors on initiatives that touch many parts of the Apple ecosystem.”
Interested in applying? These are the qualifications for which Apple is looking:
- Prior business development/transaction experience in the TV or Movie industries (studio, network, distributor, agency preferred);
- Internet product marketing or product management experience a plus;
- Understanding and passion for digital media encouraged;
- Familiarity with popular Internet services a must;
- Affinity and familiarity with Apple hardware and software (especially iTunes/TV App video product offerings);
- Ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have a balance of analytical strength, creativity and problem solving;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. self-starter;
- Able to work effectively under time pressure.
And here’s the job description: “Delivering premium video experiences to Apple customers requires deep engagement with content partners, from movie studios to traditional TV networks to new direct-to-consumer entrants. This role will be responsible for partner management and deal negotiation with these video content partners across a number of Apple video services, including the Apple TV App and Universal Search. In addition, the role will influence product development of partner-dependent services by defining key partner requirements and relevant deal structures to support a growing Apple video ecosystem.
“The ideal applicant has experience leading deal negotiation and partnership development in the service of new media and technology products, and is able to devise creative solutions to novel issues in digital video. A history of solving difficult problems in the service of exceptional customer experience is expected.”