Along with a plethora of other updates, Apple has rolled out Safari 11, an update of its web browser for macOS (Sierra and the upcoming High Sierra). It’s a free update at the Mac App Store. The update:
- Stops media with audio from automatically playing on most websites.
- Adds the ability to configure Reader, content blockers, page zoom, and auto-play settings on a per-website basis, or for all websites.
- Improves AutoFill accuracy from Contacts cards.
- Includes updated media controls for HTML video and audio.
- Enhances performance and efficiency.