While Chamberlain's MyQ-equipped smart garage door openers are handy, they have been missing one big feature -- HomeKit compatibility. That doesn't sound like that big a deal, but it means that you currently need to use a separate app to open your garage door and can't just say "Hey, Siri - open the garage door". That's all changed today as Chamberlain is now shipping the MyQ Home Bridge, a US$69.99 (introductory price of $49.99) device that adds HomeKit compatibility to a number of Chamberlain and LiftMaster garage door openers.
Those garage door openers and other products include:
- Chamberlain and LiftMaster MyQ-enabled garage door openers
- Chamberlain and LiftMaster Wi-Fi enabled garage door openers (MyQ Home Bridge adds HomeKit compatibility, smartphone control already included with Wi-Fi openers)
- Chamberlain and LiftMaster MyQ Garage
- Chamberlain and LiftMaster MyQ Lighting Controls (models WSLCEV, PILCEV, 823LM and 825LM)
- Chamberlain and LiftMaster Internet Gateway (MyQ Home Bridge is a replacement for this device and adds HomeKit compatibility)
What's cool about this product is that it makes it possible for any Siri-equipped device to control the garage doors, check their status ("Hey Siri, is the garage door open?") and include garage doors in HomeKit scenes.