Welcome to AWT TV, a weekly show featuring Steve Sande, Dennis Sellers and Marty Edwards of Apple World Today. Each week we'll discuss what's happened in the world of Apple, talk about new apps and accessories, maybe even have a demonstration or two of the latest software. Visit us online at https://appleworld.today and be sure to subscribe to the Apple World Today video channel here on YouTube.
Marty & Steve are at the helm of the Starship AWT tonight, and there's a lot to talk about. Tonight's topics:
• Apple "leaks" an image of what the "premium iPhone" will look like, in part of the iOS 11 code
• Face Detection code is available as well, so perhaps Touch ID will be replaced...or supplanted...by Apple's Face Detection (Face ID?)
• A new Apple TV that supports 4K UHDTV and HDR is starting to look like reality, once again from several "leaks"
• We talk about what we think will be announced in September
• Steve questions Xfinity's "Xfinity Mobile" which seems to leverage the millions of "Xfinity Wi-Fi" hotspots (i.e., your cable modem) around the country
• Marty talks about Apple's amazing support on his wife's original Apple Watch
• Steve describes this weekend's road trip and how his 2017 Honda CR-V was "driving itself" on a curvy mountain road. Could adding a smart app and some more sensors from Apple turn it into a fully self-driving car?
• We talk about CarPlay in 2017
• We reminisce about old-time radio stations and car radios
• Marty demos a new iOS app called "Scheduled" that provides a way to schedule text messages and emails
• Steve talks about some upcoming hardware reviews of accessories from China, Roomba, and a Roomba "clone" from China (hint, he loves the Neato Robotics vacuums)
• We talk about trademark/copyright laws, including how Cisco sold "iPhones" for quite a while concurrently with the Apple smartphone
We'll be back next Monday night at 6:30 PM PT / 9:30 PM ET for another show. Be sure to join us, subscribe to our video channel, and give us that big thumbs-up on YouTube!