On Monday, there's a 99.99% chance Apple will preview tvOS 11 at the 2017 Worldwide Developer Conference keynote. And while I’m waiting for an Apple TV with 4K support, following are some things I want to see in the operating system upgrade (besides, obviously, support for 4K hardware):
1) “Hey, Siri” hands-free activation to “wake up” my Apple TV.
2) Why is “Picture-in-Picture” not part of tvOS? Heck, it’s already on the Mac as of macOS Sierra. I want PiP in tvOS 11.
3) Supposedly, Amazon Prime is coming to the Apple TV. I want Apple and Netflix to work things out so that we have full Netflix support with tvOS 11.
4) Unlike an iPhone, the Apple TV is intended to be a shared device so let’s seesupport for multiple users. Users could then switch to their individual profiles and access all the content tied to their individual Apple IDs, such as Apple Music and the iCloud Photo Library.
5) tvOS 10 introduced a dark mode. Now how about the ability to automatically switch between light mode and dark mode based on either time of day or sunset/sunrise?
6) I want a tvOS version of the News and Home apps that are on iOS devices.
7) A tvOS version of TV Guide would be sweet.
8) HDR video support and Dolby Atmos audio support would also be sweet.
9) How about an Apple TV version of Safari?
10) The ability to “hand off” music, movies and more between macOS, iOS and tvOS devices.
What would you like to see in tvOS 11?