Here’s a round-up of the iPhone 8 rumors (although there may been so many I could have missed a few):
- Touch ID will be embedded in the OLED display.
- It will sport an A11 CPU and removable SIM.
- The battery will be bigger.
- There will be a 5.8-inch version.
- The screen will be curved — unless it isn’t.
- There will be facial identification — unless there isn’t.
- It will have a glass-backed body.
- It will have a stainless steel chassis.
- It will have wireless charging.
- It will offer the “highest level” of dust and water resistance.
- It will ditch Lightning ports for USB-C.
- It won’t ditch Lightning ports for USB-C.
- It will have a “revolutionary” front-facing camera.
- It will have AR/VR features, perhaps linking with headsets.
- It will add True Tone technology.
UBS analyst Steven Milunovich believes that a base 64GB model could start at $850 to $900 in the U.S. at price point would be similar to Samsung's new Galaxy S8+, which starts at $840 to $850. Of course, models with more storage will almost certainly top $1,000.