At the 2016 Apple Worldwide Developer Conference, it was announced that Brookfield Residential would be offering Apple HomeKit connected packages to new homebuyers. Now the North American land developer and homebuilder with operations in strategic major markets has announced that it’s the first national homebuilder to offer connected home products as standard features, starting with every home at Delano at Eastwood Village in Irvine, California.
- Connected Home accessories that come standard in Delano homes are:
- Lutron Control Lighting (in select areas of the home);
- Honeywell Lyric T6 Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat;
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt (Bluetooth-enabled front door lock);
- Ubiquiti Wireless Access Point (WAP – providing peak Wi-Fi performance throughout the home).
Apple's HomeKit is a framework that allows control of compatible home automation devices through iOS and Siri. With the Home app for iOS devices, you can control all your HomeKit accessories. You can ask Siri to turn off the lights from your iPhone. You can see who’s at the front door on your iPad. You can even control things remotely with the help of Apple TV.