2017 almost looks like it's the year of HomeKit, with many new products appearing on the market that work with Apple's home automation framework. Today we're taking a look at the Koogeek SK-1 Smart Socket (US$39.99, affiliate link - AWT will receive compensation from any purchase), a HomeKit-compatible light socket that screws into any US-standard lightbulb socket. Check out our video for a look at the device, pairing the SK-1 with HomeKit, and setting up an easy automation.
- Easy to pair with HomeKit using the Apple Home app or Koogeek's proprietary app
- Compact profile works in most lamps or light fixtures
- Has all applicable home safety ratings
- Incompatible with 5GHz Wi-Fi networks (2.4GHz only)
- Although Apple Home app reported that a firmware update was available and could be applied using the Koogeek Home app, the Koogeek app did not indicate that a firmware update was available