Apple News is a boon to ‘The Telegraph’

Apple News has become the most effective third-party platform at driving readers to The Telegraph’s own sites and app, reports Digiday. Available on iOS devices (and, hopefully, on macOS at some point), 

The Telegraph — news, entertainment and advertising for the Alton community and the River Bend region of Madison, Jersey, Calhoun, Macoupin and Greene counties in Illinois — has made articles available on Apple News in some form since the news aggregation app launched in September 2015. The publisher introduced a new paywall model last November and saw unique monthly viewers grow 30% since last month. Now on Apple News, as everywhere off-site, the publication publishes 80% of its content — approximately 240 articles a day. The remaining 20% is for subscribers.

Robert Bridge, chief customer officer at The Telegraph Media Group, told Digiday that key benefit of Apple News is that it pushes readers to The Telegraph’s app through ads. He added that 65% of those who have been driven into The Telegraph app from Apple News are its most engaged app users, returning to the app more than five times in a month.