There are plenty of solutions for creating virtual Windows machines on your Mac for running Windows apps or games, but all of them -- Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, Boot Camp and VirtualBox -- require that you shell out money for a Windows license. CrossOver 17 from CodeWeavers (just $19 with our deal) is a way to buy many popular Windows apps and run them on your Mac as native programs -- there's no reason to buy that Windows license.
- Run Windows software & games without rebooting or installing Windows OS
- Install Windows applications on your Mac platform w/ one click
- Operate Windows software at native speed, w/o any limited performance
- Integrate seamlessly w/ your native desktop environment
- Launch Windows software natively from the dock
- Use without Windows virus protection needed
Whether it's a legacy Windows app that you need to run on your new Mac now that you've given up the Microsoft world, or a game that you would like to run on your Mac, CrossOver 17 can probably help you do so without the need for buying a Windows license. You can check your Windows app against the CrossOver 17 database to see if it works! CodeWeavers is constantly working to add compatibility to the most popular Windows apps, so if it doesn't work now, it probably will soon.