Apple has introduced its Apple TV Remote app for iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later. It’s designed to “deliver the best of the Siri Remote.”
With Apple TV Remote, you can control the fourth generation Apple set-top box using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can control the Apple TV with touch gestures a la:
- Quickly enter text, email addresses, and passwords using the keyboard;
- Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play;
- Control the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing;
- Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope;
- Turn on Game Mode for simplified game controls.