Ahead of the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show next week, Adobe has revealed new features across its Creative Cloud tools for video editing, motion graphics, audio and collaboration. The CC tools are compatible with Mac OS X and Windows systems.
Media and entertainment companies are combining these advanced content creation capabilities with Adobe Primetime (a TV platform that helps broadcasters, cable networks and service providers “create and monetize engaging and personalized TV and film experiences”) to help deliver TV and video content across screens. With Adobe’s digital marketing tools TV networks and pay-TV providers can drive viewer acquisition, engagement and monetization as audiences embrace “over the top” (OTT) content via connected devices such as the Apple TV, Sony PlayStation, Roku and Microsoft Xbox.
In the next release of Creative Cloud – available in early summer – Premiere Pro CC will add new virtual reality capabilities, including “field of view” mode for spherical stitched media. In the upcoming release, Adobe Stock )a collection of mor etham 50 million curated, royalty-free photos, graphics, and videos) will have enhanced connections with CC apps and new workflows will enable Adobe Bridge and Lightroom users to contribute to the Adobe Stock marketplace directly from within the application.
Other feature highlights coming soon to Creative Cloud include:
- Edit immediately during ingest allows Premiere Pro CC users to get straight to work, while importing their video and audio files in the background;
- Proxy workflows in Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC enable users to work with heavy 8K, HDR and HFR media, so editors can switch between native and proxy formats freely;
- Enhanced Luretri Color tools within Premiere Pro CC adds HSL Secondaries to expand the editor’s toolkit for making color correction and adjustment easier;
- A new video and audio preview engine in After Effects CC delivers superior playback of cached frames for a smooth experience;
- Easier and more efficient Character Animator includes a simplified puppet creation process that enables users to tag puppet layers and record multiple takes of a character’s movement. Users can animate puppets to respond to motion and trigger animation accordingly;
- A new Essential Sound panel in Audition CC enables anyone to mix audio content for professional results;
- The ability to quickly find Adobe Stock assets with new filtered search in Creative Cloud Libraries. Licensed assets in your library are now badged for easy identification, videos are displayed with duration and format information, and saved videos are linked to video previews on the Adobe Stock site.
These Creative Cloud updates are expected to ship in the coming months. Adobe is offering Adobe Creative Cloud for U.S. $49.99 a month. For more information, click here.