On a regular basis, Apple World Today posts a list of notable new apps or app updates that have been released. They may not necessarily be new, but they're popular and deserve mention. Here are today's picks for Mac OS X and iOS.
Mac OS X Apps/Updates
RE:Vision Effects has released RE:Map 3, an update of its kit of mapping and distortion tools within Adobe After Effects, The Foundry's Nuke, Blackmagic Design Fusion Studio, and Natron. RE:Map 3 adds GPU acceleration.
RE:Map is a set of five plug-ins:
- RE:Map UV takes a UV Map, usually rendered from a 3D system, and renders an image using this mapping.
- RE:Map Inverse UV inversely projects a color image, using a UV Map as a guide, to a rectangular image that may then be used to texture the UV Map with RE:Map UV, or for use as a texture map for a 3D system.
- RE:Map Displace warps an image with a user-supplied displacement ma
- RE:Map Corner Pin maps or inverse maps a perspective plane defined by four points (also known as corner-pinning and inverse-corner-pinning).
- RE:Map Distort takes a color image and automatically distorts the image based on the features for a caricature-like effect.
- GUI version licenses are priced at $149.95. Floating licenses are priced at $224.95. Render-only licenses are priced at $29.99, and render-only floating licenses at $44.99. Upgrade pricing and demos are available at the product website
iOS Apps/Updates for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Reliant has announced Ruby Hunt 1.0.5, an update to their fast 3D action adventure game. By interacting with the simulated environment by climbing tall mountains and exploring islands, players collect precious rubies while avoiding rolling boulders from the local mining operation. Version 1.0.5 offers content and code performance enhancements and more.