All of Apple’s current ads are for the iPhone and iPad. We need more. Certainly, the 2012 Mac “Genius” ads were terrible, but we need commercials showing how Apple products work together in its ecosystem.
How about a series of ads that tells of the value to folks who use multiple Apple products. Items covered could include:
- Continuity lets you seamlessly move between your iOS devices and your Mac, or use them together. Features include Handoff, iPhone Cellular Calls, SMS, and Instant Hotspot. For example, you can start an email or document on your iPhone and pick up where you left off on your iPad. Or you can use your iPad or Mac to make and receive phone calls through your iPhone.
- Family sharing makes it easier to share iTunes content among family members sharing the same credit card across devices.
- iTunes Match stores all your music in iCloud—even songs imported from CDs or not purchased in the iTunes Store—and makes it available on up to 10 of your devices and computers.
- iCloud Photo Sharing allows for every photo to be shared across all your Apple devices. When you edit one photo on an Apple device, it updates across all your gadgets.
- With AirPlay, you can stream music, photos, and videos to your Apple TV, or stream music to your AirPort Express or AirPlay-enabled speakers. And with AirPlay Mirroring, you can display your iOS screen on your Apple TV.
There’s more, of course, but you get the idea. Such ads would promote not only iPhones and iPads, but the Mac, Apple TVs, and the Apple Watch.