Happy Leap Year day (Leap Day), everyone. And Apple wants you to “Leap Into Leap Year” with your extra 24 hours this year. The company is offering five iOS app you can get for free on Feb. 29 only (that’s today). The apps are:
- Tayasui Sketches+, a drawing tool;
- Super Sharp, a game in which you use your finger to “cut” through 120 physics levels;
- Windy, an app designed to help you sleep, relax, and focus better;
- Bridge Constructor, a bridge building game;
- Spark Camera, a tool for letting you capture, edit, and share videos.
A leap year is a year containing one additional day added to keep the calendar year synchronized with the astronomical or seasonal year. By inserting an additional day into the year, the time “drift” corrected. By the way, if you want to impress your friends with your knowledge, note that a year that is not a leap year is called a common year.