On a regular basis, Apple World Today posts a list of notable new apps or app updates that have been released. They may not necessarily be new, but they're popular and deserve mention. Here are today's picks.
Parallels has launched Parallels Toolbox 1.3 for Mac, an upgrade that adds five new utilities to the stand-alone application which was released in August, and its quarterly updates of new tools, is also included with subscriptions to Parallels Desktop for Mac. The five new utilities are:
- Block Camera: Protect your privacy. Block or unblock all applications from accessing the built-in camera on a Mac in one click;
- Eject Volumes: This allows users to eject all volumes, including external hard drives, memory cards, network volumes and mounted disk images with one click;
- Launch: Users can configure the Launch tool to open any applications, folders, links, or other files, with just one click.;
- Take Photo: Enables users to take photos immediately using the built in Mac camera;
- Take Video: Users can record video immediately with the click of a button.
Parallels Toolbox for Mac is available online exclusively for US$9.99 per year.
PowerProduction Software and MacVideo have teamed up for version 3 of Martini, PowerProduction Software’s storyboarding plug-in for Apple’s Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, and VEGAS Pro.
It’s a post-production plug-in. Version 3 includes new props, a resizable interface, hundreds of new backgrounds, add-on characters, props, locations, and more.
Martini is available for purchase here for US$99. Owners of previous versions of Martini can upgrade for $29.95. A demo is available for download.
Svago & Co has introduced Italian Emoji - Italian Emojis, Stickers and Gifs, their emoji and iMessage sticker app for iPhone. The $1.99 app is dedicated to animated GIFs and stickers designed for the Italian community, allowing them to express themselves when messaging friends and family.
ProtectStar has unveiled Data Shredder for iOS 2017, their data shredding solution for iOS devices. By connecting their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch device to any Mac and running Data Shredder for iOS, anyone can securely erase and wipe all used space on their device, ensuring all personal data, including passwords, videos, photos, and more can never be recovered.