Targus has launched the $199.99 USB-C Universal Docking Station (DOCK410USZ), a compact 4K docking station that supports USB-C technology. It works with the 12-inch Apple MacBook.
The USB-C Universal Docking Station can connect up to two high-definition displays for images at resolutions up to 3840 x 2160. Its ergonomic wedge design supports the laptop for comfortable typing, and its compact size fits in the hot-desking, flexible environments of modern workspaces, according to Ron DeCamp, director of Product Management, Targus.
The Targus USB-C Universal Docking Station has these connectivity ports:
- 1x USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode (aka Alt-Mode) host connection;
- 3 x USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Generation 1) Type-A (for device charging);
- 1x USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Generation 1) Type-C;
- 2x DisplayPort 1.2a video ports;
- 1x HDMI 2.0 video port;
- 1x DVI-D video port;
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port;
- 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio In/Out po;
- Standard industry lock slot
Along with the USB-C Universal Docking Station, Targus has introduced a $59.99USB-C Multiplexer Adapter (ACA41USZ) that enables Targus' patented powered docks — the Dual 2K Universal Docking Station with Power and the Universal Docking Station with Power — to be USB-C friendly. The USB-C Multiplexer Adapter instantly connects these docking stations to USB-C devices. Its two input ports, USB-A and 2-pin DC power, output to USB-C for charging devices, syncing data, and transmitting HD video and graphics delivered by ACP71USZ and ACP77USZ.