You can use your Apple Watch to listen to music on your iPhone. When your paired smartphone is in range, you can use your smartwatch to control what's playing on your iPhone.
Open the Music app, scroll up, then tap your iPhone to choose it as the source. Then scroll back down and tap any of these options:
- Now Playing. Play or pause what's currently playing on your iPhone.
- Quick Play. If you have an Apple Music membership, you can tap Quick Play, which chooses a list of songs for you.
- Beats 1. Listen to Apple's 24/7 worldwide radio station.
- My Music. Browse your music library by Artists, Albums, or Songs, and choose what to listen to.
- Playlists. Listen to any of the playlists already on your iPhone.