Apple has updated Logic Pro X — its Mac OS X software for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing — to version 10.2.1. According to Apple, the upgrade contains bug fixes and enhancements including:
- New multi-threading feature improves performance when processing multiple live channels;
- Faster playback responsiveness when previewing Apple Loops and performing region edits;
- Flex Pitch editing can be performed within the Tracks area using a Piano Roll interface;
- A collection of 30 plug-ins have been redesigned to add Retina support and improve usability;
- Numerous improvements to Alchemy including Apple Loops support and 11 new spectral effects
- Improved reliability when downloading additional content;
- Additional content can be downloaded directly from the Sound Library and Apple Loops browsers;
- Drum Machine Designer supports drag and drop of multiple audio files;
- The Step Editor can automatically create lanes to display all MIDI events in a region;
- New export option allows you to to create stems from multiple selected tracks
- Improved VoiceOver support.
The update for current Logic Pro X users is free and available now through the Mac App Store. For new users the software costs $199.99. It requires Mac OS X 10.9 or later.