The day is here; you'll finally be able to get an Apple Watch on your wrist to see how it looks, determine the size and color you want, and then head home to make your pre-order. But how can you actually schedule your Apple Watch try-on appointment? Both the web-based Apple Store and the Apple Store app can get you in the virtual line for your appointment. Just follow these simple steps and you're on your way!
Apple Online Store
- Point your favorite web browser to the Concierge page of the Apple Online Store
- Select the state and the store where you'd like to try on an Apple Watch. Note that you'll be able to see which stores have viewing slots available for both the Watch/Watch Sport and for the Watch Edition. Many stores may not have the Watch Edition available for your viewing pleasure.
- On the list of stores that appears, select one by clicking the "View available times" link. You'll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select the date and time that are best for you. At this time, many stores appear to be scheduling appointments only through Sunday, April 12.
- Click the "Schedule Appointment" button.
Apple Store App
- Launch the Apple Store App on your iPhone. The Watch is front and center on the Featured tab of the app right now, so scroll down to see the message that says "Pick your favorite Apple Watch models. And try them on."
- Tap the "schedule a try-on appointment" link.
- The app launches Safari on your iPhone and points you to the Concierge page discussed above.
- Select the state and store where you'd like to try on a Watch. A list of stores will appear, select the one you wish to visit.
- You'll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- From the list of dates and times, select the one you'd like to arrange your appointment for.
- Tap the "Schedule Appointment" button.
We'd love to hear how your appointment goes and what you thought of the Watch when you had a chance to slide one onto your wrist. Leave your comments below.