Here are some of the best free apps, app updates and new apps that have landed in the App Store recently. All app prices are USD and subject to change. Some deals may expire quickly, so grab them while you can.
Apps Now Free
iTrace — handwriting for kids [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $3.99] Finally, an app that really TEACHES handwriting.
ACDSee [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Capture, perfect, and share your photos with ACDSee.
Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor & Pulse Tracker PRO [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor & Pulse Tracker PRO.
Understanding Photography Basics with simple words [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $5.99] The challenge of this course is to try to explain the basics of photography without using technical words.
Digits, the calculator for humans [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $3.99] We're human. We're busy. We make mistakes. So we designed a calculator for humans, from the ground up. Digits combines the edit-ability of a spreadsheet with the simplicity of calculator.
HD Cleaner - Free up Disk Space on your Hard Drive [OS X; Now free, down from $4.99] Remove gigabytes from your hard drive in just one click.
Vidstitch - Video and Picture Collage Frame [OS X; Now free, down from $4.99] We engineered this app from the ground up to be an intuitive and effortless experience. Just choose your videos and photos and let #Vidstitch handle everything in the background.
New and Notable Apps
Core Animator [OS X; $79.99] Core Animator gives you simple visual tools to create stunning animations.
Darkroom – Photo Editor by Bergen [iPhone; Free] Darkroom is a quick, powerful photo editor that gives you complete creative control.
Daytona Rush [iOS Universal; Free] Stock car racing has never been so much fun!
Sift - Gesture based email for all your mailboxes [iOS Universal; $2.99] Sift is the perfect companion to your favorite email app. Sort out your mailbox in seconds using simple and customisable gestures.
Updates you don't want to miss
Nike+ Fuel [iPhone; Free] Nike+ FuelBand is the smart, simple and fun way to get more active by measuring your everyday activity and turning it into NikeFuel. Version 2.4 brings the following changes:
- THE SPORT FEED IS HERE: Stay motivated and connected with the Sport Feed. Share your goals and cheer on your friends with your personalized feed. Capture the action and customize your photos to show the world your every move on Nike+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- NEW WAYS TO EARN NIKEFUEL: There are now more ways to earn NikeFuel by connecting your Nike+ account to one of our partner apps. Track your sessions using Nike+ Training Club and Nike+ Running. Nike+ Fuel will then automatically bring all the data together.
- APPLE HEALTH: Get more insight into your activity in the iOS Heath app and make NikeFuel visible in other apps.
- INSPIRE MOVEMENT: Add more friends through the streamlined friend search and cheer them on to achieve greater things.
Drawing Techniques 2 [OS X; $9.99] In this 19-tutorial course, Siobhan Twomey explains how to see these features and how to get them on down on "paper." Learn to draw what you see, with Siobhan! Version 2.0 brings the following changes:
- Improved User Interface and Experience.
- Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
- View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing the video.
- Mark your favourite tutorials.
- Take your learning experience full screen.
- Compatible with OS X Yosemite and newer.