When your Apple Watch is charging and on its side, you can use it as a nightstand clock and an alarm clock. In Nightstand Mode, the smartwatch displays the date and time, along with the remaining charge. If you set an alarm, it also appears on the watch face. To turn on Nightstand mode:
- Place your Apple Watch on its side.
- Connect your Apple Watch to its charger.
- After it begins charging, your Apple Watch will automatically go into Nightstand mode.
When your Apple Watch is in Nightstand mode and you aren't using it, the display turns off. To see the display again, tap it, press the Digital Crown or the side button, or lightly nudge your Apple Watch.
The alarm on your Apple Watch is different than the alarms on your iPhone. You need to set or adjust an alarm for Nightstand mode from your Apple Watch:
- Open the Alarms app on your Apple Watch.
- Firmly press the display and tap Add Alarm.
- Tap the screen or rotate the Digital Crown to adjust your alarm.
You can also ask Siri to set an alarm for you. Hold down the Digital Crown until Siri appears and say something like “Set an alarm for 5:30 a.m.” Before your alarm begins in Nightstand mode, the display gets brighter, and the text turns yellow. When your alarm begins, your Apple Watch makes a sound.
To turn off your alarm, press the side button. To snooze the alarm for nine minutes, press the Digital Crown.