If you need to add an appointment to the Calendar app for OS X and iOS and are away from your computer, you can accomplish the job easily using Siri on an iPhone. To add a new calendar appointment using Siri:
- Press and hold the Home button. You’ll hear Siri chime so you’ll know she’s ready for your input.
- Tell her about about a calendar appointment you want to make. For example, say, "Remember to pick up Laura’s Christmas present at 3 p.m. tomorrow" or “Schedule a long run for 7:30 a.m. on Saturday.”
- Say "Cancel" or "Yes" to confirm the appointment. Or you can tap Cancel or Confirm to either or confirm the appointment. (Siri, always looking out for your well being, will warn you if you have conflicting appointments.)
You can also use the personal assistant to to set a place for your appointment.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Speak a command such as “Pick up Laura’s Christmas present at 3 p.m. tomorrow at Kohls.” The location for the appointment is shown underneath the subject.