Apple has updated Mac OS X El Capitan to 10.11.1. The upgrade is available at the Mac App Store under Updates. According to Apple, OS X 10.11.1 “improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac” and also:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan;
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016;
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail;
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail;
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly;
- Improves VoiceOver reliability;
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support.