Apple has released iOS 9.1 and watchOS 2.0.1. The former OS 9.1 is available to download through the Settings app on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and can also be obtained through iTunes on a Mac or PC. According to Apple, the update includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Live Photos now intelligently senses when you raise or lower your iPhone, so that Live Photos will automatically not record these movements;
- Over 150 new emoji characters with full support for Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 emojis;
- Improved stability with CarPlay, Music, Photos, Safari and Search.
watchOS 2.0.1 can be downloaded via the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. According to Apple, the upgrade contains new emoji characters, performance improvements, and bug fixes, including:
- Fixes an issue that could cause software updates to stall;
- Fixes issues that were impacting battery performance;
- Resolves an issue that prevented a managed iPhone from syncing iOS Calendar events to Apple Watch;
- Addresses an issue that could prevent location information from properly updating;
- Fixes an issue that could cause Digital Touch to send from an email address instead of a phone number;
- Addresses an issue that could cause instability when using a Live Photo as a watch face;
- Resolves an issue that allows the sensors to stay on indefinitely when using Siri to measure heart rate.