As a popular messaging tool, WhatsApp holds many of your cherished moments and your messages to loved ones. Transferring WhatsApp can be hectic, especially when moving to different phone systems like Android to iOS or iOS to Android.
When you obtain a new phone and download WhatsApp, your previous messages and groups aren’t instantly imported. However, following a few simple procedures guarantee that your WhatsApp chat, photos, videos and audio files are correctly transferred to the new device, even if you go from an iPhone to an Android device. This article outlines some methods on transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone, or from iPhone to iPhone, or from Android to Android without losing your data.
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp Between iPhone and Android with MobileTrans
As the safest and fastest cross-platform data transfer app for smartphones, Wondershare MobileTrans can transfer your entire phone data, WhatsApp data, and other social apps like WhatsApp Business, Wechat, Line, etc. between iPhone and Android devices safely and seamlessly without sacrificing quality.
Especially designed to help you manage your WhatsApp account to the best of your ability, MobileTrans WhatsApp transfer allows users to instantaneously transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone in a simple and effective manner, and meanwhile, it allows users to back up their WhatsApp data on a Desktop computer and restore it with a few clicks to their smartphone. Whether it’s a transfer, backup, or restoration, the program can do it all in seconds. You may effortlessly move WhatsApp to a new iPhone or Android device using this software. Some of its features include;
- It supports the transfer of WhatsApp between Android and iPhone.
- It backs up data to avoid data loss.
- It enables data restoration in the new device.
- Supports iOS devices running the most recent version of iOS 15.
- It supports over 6000 android devices and is compatible with all iPhone, iPad and iPod devices.
Step-by-step guide on transferring WhatsApp from Android to iPhone using MobileTrans
- Download MobileTrans from the official website. Then install and run the software on your computer. From the dashboard, choose “WhatsApp Transfer” tab on the left panel to transfer WhatsApp data.
- Select the source and destination devices, whether Android or iOS; the program supports both. Link your device to the computer using the appropriate cables. A screen will appear. If your device locations are incorrect, click the “Flip” button.
- A pop-up will appear once you click the “Start” button. To proceed, choose “Yes.” The transfer procedure will start right now. Wait until you receive a notification on your screen that the transfer is complete.
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud
WhatsApp’s built-in conversation history transfer option, Apple’s iCloud, is available to iPhone users. However, instead of transferring WhatsApp conversations directly to your new smartphone, you must back up the chats to iCloud and restore everything from iCloud to your new gadget. It is crucial to remember that this approach can potentially wipe existing data on your device. So, only proceed if you are OK with the implications. The ways to transfer Messages across iPhones are outlined below.
- To begin, turn on the iCloud backup feature on both the source and destination devices.
- Open “WhatsApp” on your source or old iPhone.
- Now, go to “Settings” and then “Chat Settings.”
- Go to “Backup Now” under “Chat backup. “The WhatsApp iCloud server will successfully back up your phone’s communications.
- Take your new or goal device after that. Begin by downloading and installing WhatsApp.
- To continue, enter your phone number on the login page.
- It would help if you restored your past conversations here.
- When asked, choose “Restore Conversation History” to restore your chat history on the new phone.
- It helps users restore their passwords.
- It gives you quick access to the stuff you store on any of my Apple devices.
- It only supports transferring data between iOS devices
- It provides insufficient capacity; you must pay even more for extra storage.
- It often slows down and even shuts down while working with large documents.
Method 3. Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android using Google Account
Google Drive allows you to save a duplicate of your WhatsApp backup, just as you can on local storage. We may also use WhatsApp to establish automated backups and set the frequency daily, weekly, or monthly. This way, you’ll always have a backup of your WhatsApp data and won’t lose it if anything goes wrong. Follow these instructions to discover how to move WhatsApp data from Android to Android using a Google Drive backup. It is important to note that before you utilize Google Drive, make sure you’ve done the following:
- Google Drive has already synchronized your previous Android phone.
- You have adequate space on your Google Drive to save all of your WhatsApp conversations.
- Your old Android has adequate storage to build a WhatsApp backup.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your old Android phone.
- Messages from WhatsApp can be saved to Google Drive.
- On your new Android phone, download and install WhatsApp.
- Use the same phone number you used to generate the backup on your previous Android smartphone to recover the WhatsApp messages from Google Drive.
- The user interface is fantastic.
- It has features of Character Recognition.
- Files are encrypted
- It’s simple to manage and organize files
- It only support transferring WhatsApp data between Android devices.
- It is necessary to have access to the Internet.
- You can only upload a certain amount of data every day.
Following the above procedures, you can now transfer your WhatsApp data or everything from your old iPhone to your new one. Carry out the method that best suits your demands to move WhatsApp to your new iPhone quickly. You may discover all ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to a new phone or iPhone to a new device. MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer, on the other hand, would be the most acceptable option for making things simpler and quicker. Just download it and give it a go!