From analog to digital and now smart TV, the technology of televisions has come a long way since its inception. Many people are eager to get their hands on a smart TV these days because of the many benefits it offers, such as access to a wide variety of channels with no cable subscription.
A steady home internet connection and a smart TV go hand in hand. You can enjoy your favorite online streaming sites, online gaming, web browsing, or even connect it to your cell phones for additional purposes once your Wi-Fi is connected to the smart TV.
Many people want to get Disney+ bundle or the Paramount+ annual subscription, or any other popular online streaming service. However, an unreliable Wi-Fi connection may interfere with your enjoyment. One would also worry if the smart TV would still work if there was no internet connection. We’ll learn how to stream online content without the internet in this article.
Different ways to use your smart TV without Wi-Fi
There are a variety of techniques to enjoy your smart TV without having to connect it to the internet. You can connect a mobile hotspot to your smart TV, activate Google Chromecast, or display content from another device by connecting an HDMI to your smart TV. Following are some ways to watch content on a smart TV without Wi-Fi and watch your favorite content.
If your Wi-Fi isn’t cooperating and you want to watch a movie, you don’t have to worry as long as you have a smartphone. Smartphones with hotspot capabilities function as mini routers. If you have mobile data, you may quickly transform your phone into a Wi-Fi network by turning on your hotspot.
After that, you’ll be able to link it to your smart TV. You can use your mobile data to watch videos and stream online content on your smart TV. You can also connect your mobile hotspot to your laptop or tablet using the same techniques.
The volume of data you may require depends on:
- The quality in which you will stream your videos
- The time of streaming
To watch your preferred streaming service at 1080p video quality, you will require 3 GB of internet per hour. Similarly, to watch a two and a half-hour film, you’ll need 7.5GB of internet.
To connect your smart TV to a Wi-Fi router, follow these steps:
- First, turn on your mobile hotspot.
- Go to your smartphone’s settings and turn on mobile data first.
- Then type ‘Hotspot and tethering’ into the search box and turn it on.
- Go to the Menu on your smart TV.
- Go to the General tab in the settings menu.
- From the drop-down box, select network and then network settings.
- Then you’ll see two options: wired and wireless.
- If you choose wireless, your phone’s name will display as if it were a Wi-Fi router.
- Choose that and enter the hotspot password. Enter ok
- And with these simple steps, your smart TV will be ready to connect to your smartphone for mobile data access.
Use smart TV to display content from other devices
Connecting your smart TV to your laptop is another brilliant way to use it without an internet connection. Here’s how to watch a streaming site on a larger screen if you’re already logged in on another device (such as a tablet or laptop).
- Connect your other device to your mobile hotspot (from which you want your content to be displayed on the smart TV).
- Open the Wi-Fi on your device, connect to the mobile hotspot, input the password, and click OK.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your device after it has been linked to the internet.
- Connect the HDMI wire to the smart TV’s opposite end.
- On your device, a menu with the options ‘Mirror or mirror screen’ will appear.
And now you can view anything you’ve been playing on your tablet on your smart TV.
Using Google Chromecast
It’s a little portable device that’s simple to operate. When you can connect your smart TV to a Wi-Fi network, this is the ideal option. Simply attach it to your smart TV’s HDMI connection, and you’ll be able to watch any material from any device on your smart TV. This device is remarkable for its ability to function with no Wi-Fi. To connect Google Chromecast to your smart TV, follow the procedures described below.
- Connect your Google Chromecast to the power. When the light comes on, press the power button down until it goes on.
- Connect the Google Chromecast’s other end to the smart TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect your phone’s hotspot to the Chromecast and install the Google Home app.
- Choose ‘Add another home’ after entering the email address.
- Google Home will search your home for the gadget. Select yes when the Chromecast appears.
- Your smart TV and phone will both display a passcode. Verify it on your smart TV by following the stated instructions.
- The Chromecast will then ask you to select a network. Select your mobile hotspot, and you’re done! And with that, you’re ready to stream.
You must have heard the phrase when there’s a will, there’s a way. Smart devices fall completely under it. Technology has been so revolutionized and advanced. With the internet of things, you can find several ways of doing one task. With options like internet sharing, mirror sharing, hotspot and portable devices like Chromecast, life has become so much easier. No more worries to enjoy online streaming.