Airflow can stream full 4K HDR HEVC files to Chromecast Ultra, Built-in, Apple TV 4K and AirPlay 2 enabled TVs. And now it’s available for only US$15.99 via a new Apple World Today deal. That’s 20% off.
AirPlay 2 is Apple’s followup to the original AirPlay Wi-Fi-based music playback standard. While Sonos popularized Wi-Fi-based multi-room audio playback, Bluetooth became ubiquitous, and multi-platform Wi-Fi audio standards spread in popularity, Apple lacked a competing story until AirPlay 2
Airflow will go out of its way not to touch the original video stream unless absolutely needed for compatibility reasons. This ensures the best possible video quality with the lowest CPU load (your computer fans will thank you). Airflow isn’t another FFmpeg wrapper like you might have seen elsewhere. Its custom-built video processing pipeline goes way beyond wrapping FFmpeg and calling it a day. Airflow can handle pretty much any video format and codec you throw at it. As for those pesky videos that are incompatible with your device, it will handle that transparently. And with hardware-accelerated transcoding if your computer supports it.
- Video streaming. Stream full 4K HDR HEVC files to Chromecast Ultra, Built-in, Apple TV 4K & AirPlay 2 enabled TVs
- 4K HDR. Ensures the best possible video quality with the lowest CPU load
- Native HEVC streaming. So far, the ONLY desktop software that can natively stream HEVC videos to Apple TV & AirPlay 2 TVs
- Hardware-accelerated transcoding. Plays videos that are incompatible with your device
- Full multichannel support. Includes DD+ passthrough with Dolby Atmos
- Advanced adaptive volume booster + limiter. For late-night watching when you don’t want to disturb your neighbors
- Spatial headphone downmix. For surround sound videos
- Detailed A/V sync adjustment. Compensate for the delay of individual devices like Bluetooth headphones
- Subtitles. All widely used subtitle formats are supported, now including vobsub
- Realtime subtitle text recognition. Transparently extract the text from picture subtitles and render it on target device
- Remote control companion app. Control all Airflow features on your Android or iPhone
- Web browser
- macOS 10.13 or later
- Windows 7 or later
- Length of access: lifetime
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Access options: desktop
- Max number of devices: unlimited (single household)
- Version: 3.3.1
- Updates included
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.
As Softpedia says, Airflow can help you play your favorite videos and songs on a Chromecast or an Apple TV device without any trouble.