Welcome to AWT TV, a weekly show featuring Steve Sande, Dennis Sellers and Marty Edwards of Apple World Today. Each week we’ll discuss what’s happened in the world of Apple, talk about new apps and accessories, maybe even have a demonstration or two of the latest software.
Starting with the last show (Episode 33), we’re now going to a twice-monthly schedule. You can enjoy AWT TV on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM PT / 9:30 PM ET.
Tonight’s episode is all about hints and tips, both for iOS and macOS. In this episode, you’ll see how to:
• Find all of your Mac passwords on your iPhone
• Find how long each app has been active on your iOS device while it’s operating on battery power
• Learn how to take screenshots easily with one finger and a single tap
• Take that one step further and restart your iOS device with a single tap
• Get into details of “Do Not Disturb”
• Learn how to share your location with others — from Messages!
• Turn off pesky “In-app rating and reviews” pop-ups
• Set up an iOS device so that only one app can be run
• Get details on iOS 11 screenshots and how to annotate and share those screenshots
• Have a MacBook/MacBook Air/MacBook Pro? Find out where you can dig into details of battery health on the device
• Learn how to auto-empty the Trash Can
• It’s easy to add diacritical marks (accents) on a Mac
Let us know if you like the hints and tips, as we can do this once a month if you do!
If you enjoyed today’s show, be sure to give us a thumbs-up and — if you haven’t done it before — subscribe to the Apple World Today YouTube channel.