The Weather app in iOS 15 boasts an all-new design with full-screen maps, graphical displays of weather data, and dynamic layouts that change based on conditions. And animated backgrounds more accurately reflect sun position, clouds, and precipitation, and notifications indicate when rain or snow is about to start or stop.
To add, delete, and/or rearrange locations on your weather list, do any of the following:
- Add a location: Enter the name of the city, the zip code, or the airport code in the search field, tap the location, then tap Add.
- Delete a location: Swipe left on the location, then tap the trashcanicon. Or, tap the black circle with three dots, then tap Edit List.
- Rearrange the order of locations on your list: Touch and hold the location, then move it up or down. Or, tap tap the black circle with three dots,, then tap Edit List.
To view full-screen temperature, precipitation, and air quality maps, open Weather, tap the weather map, and do any of the following:
- Tap the icon that looks like three stacked tiles to change the map display to temperature, precipitation, or air quality.
- Touch the screen and drag your finger to move the map.
- Pinch the screen to zoom in and out.
While viewing the precipitation map, zoom out to see the 12-hour precipitation forecast; zoom back in to see the next-hour precipitation forecast (not available in all countries or regions).
- Tap the icon with three parallel lines and three dots to view a different location in your weather list.
- Tap the upward angled arrow button to return to your current location.
- Touch and hold a location on the map to add it to your weather list, view its current conditions, or view it in Maps.
(This how-to is based on my experiences and info on Apple’s support pages.)